The TOMs longer distance cruise and raft-up, originally planned for Thursday 7th June, was subsequently rescheduled to Thursday 5th July. Unfortunately, crew availability was limited to eight TOMs sailors on the day, and disappointingly, we were unable to arrange a suitable safety boat to accompany the TOMs on the cruise. This meant that we to stay in the Calpe bay.
However, we still had fun!! read more →
During the Spring of 2018, a TOMs LADDER RACE SERIES took place. The race series was devised to increase participation, improve skills, develop racing skills, encourage everyone to have the opportunity to skipper (not just the CBYA skippers), employ different levels of experience and encourage team work. The following key aspects defined the series:
• Utilise the TOM one-design boats for competitive racing
• Maximise the number of boats on the water by limiting the crew number to a minimum of three
• Sail with white sails only to enable sailors with a wider range of experience level to compete. Beginners are spread between boats • For each race day, the (TOM) boat number, skipper and crews are randomly picked from a hat.
• Every participant accumulates individual points for each event and sails with a different skipper/crew each race day
• The scoring system is applied as follows:
1point for first, 2 points for second, etc… 6 points for DNS, DNF and 7 points for not racing
• RCNC provided the race officer, who laid the course on the day and recorded the results. A special thanks go to Pablo and his team!
TOMs “Ladder” Competition – collect points to win prizes!
We are starting a new TOMs program for 2018. This is to increase participation, improve skills, encourage everyone to have the opportunity to skipper (not just the approved CBYA skippers), include different levels of experience, and encourage team work. But mainly – this should be FUN!
Initially we will use white sails only, with a crew of 3-5. We propose three days each month, two Thursdays and one Saturday over three months. We can increase frequency if requested.
Every crew member will accumulate individual points during each event, and you will sail with different crew each time. The best score of twelve races will be collected, the rest discarded. So the more you sail, the more low scores you can discard!
Licencia Federativa 2018
If you would like to take part in sailing with us, you must be a fully paid-up member of the CBYA , and have a Licencia Federativa which provides insurance cover.
Click on image below to enlarge for 2018 details.
If you have any queries call Rachel on 699 330 207