If you are an approved TOM skipper you can sail TOM sailing yachts at the Real Club Náutico de Calpe, and take responsibility to act as skipper.
To become approved:-
- You must be a paid-up member of the CBYA
- You must hold a valid Licensia Federativa ( see https://cbya.org/licencia-federativa-2017-details/)
- You must be approved as a potential skipper by the CBYA Training Officer
- You must be tested and approved by RCNC
Approved skippers can skipper TOMs on CBYA sail training days if assigned by the TOMs Organiser.
They are then responsible for:-
- Completing and submitting the necessary documentation (RCNC crew list) before sailing, complete with crew names and Licensia Federitiva numbers.
- Collecting payment from the crew and pay RCNC who will then send the receipt by e-mail to the TOMS Organiser for forwarding to the CBYA Treasurer.
- Arranging for payment of one day Licensia Federitiva cover for those that do not already have annual insurance.
- Supervising rigging and derigging of the TOMs.
- Safely sailing the TOMs.
- Allowing all crew members to crew in different positions (including helming) as appropriate.
- Providing instruction to improve crew sailing skills.
- Reporting any yacht damage to the RCNC after sailing.
Approved CBYA TOM skippers receive a CBYA pennant to fly on the backstay when they are skippering!
If you are interested in becoming a TOM skipper contact the CBYA Training Officer.