Twice-a-week sails from Calpe
Amazing 6 TOMs Fleet-racing
Affordable Fun & Training Days
SAIL TRAINING DAYS ON THE TOMsTOM 28 Fact and Boat Specifications
The CBYA has a special relationship with the Real Club Náutico de Calpe which gives us access to their six, fleet-racing TOMs, at a special discounted rate.
The CBYA runs twice-a-week Sail Training Days on the TOMs – usually on Thursdays and Saturdays. We have several members who are RCNC – CBYA approved skippers, who take out CBYA members interested in learning how to sail these exciting boats.
- Designer Giovanni Ceccerelli (Ravenna-Italy)
- Built at the Omega Ship Yard in Moden; Italy by Paolo Pizzo and Matep Plazzi from “Team Prada”
- Hull Construction: Fiberglass
- Aluminium rig
- Deep foil T- bar keel with lead bulb
- High ratio rudder
TOM 28 FACTS
Fast & fun. Large, comfortable self-draining cockpit. Suitable for match, team or fleet racing. Easy to sail. Very stable. Well-balanced rudder. Well-balanced rig. Great for match racing. Great day sailer. Quick to rig and de-rig
- LOA 8.48m (27.8 feet)
- LWL 7.05m (23.1 feet)
- Beam 2.48m (8.1 feet)
- Draft 1.85m (6.07 feet)
- DSPL 1370kg (3014 lbs)
- Ballast 690kg (1518 lbs)
- SA 37.88 sq m (408 sq ft)
- Spin. 55 sq m (592 sq ft)
- LPS 127 deg.