The 1st All-CBYA Regatta – 6 and 7 October
Calling all boats, all boats, all boats – anything that floats…..
Originally scheduled to take place last year to celebrate the CBYA “Jubilee” year, this event was cancelled due to COVID restrictions and the lockdown. It is therefore now our intention to run the “Big Event” this October on Wednesday 6th and Thursday 7th. The latter date being selected as it is a regular TOMs sailing day, in order to allow them to also participate.
The outline plan is as follows:
All CBYA-owned boats to assemble at El Portet from about mid-day, including the Dinghy Section. We would like to invite all members who have yachts and motor boats to make their way to Moraira that day.
We have made special arrangements for the yachts to moor for the night along the sea wall in the Club Náutico Moraira Marina, to enable them to also participate in the following day’s activities.
Richard Jones has kindly agreed to co-ordinate the big yachts – he can be contacted by clicking HERE.
The Cardboard Boat Race:
You turn up with your own cardboard, duct tape, and other approved building materials, build your boat and race it. Entry classes will include singles, pairs, and a special galleon group. Time to start organising your team! Participants to assemble at 10.30am, boatbuilding starts at 11am and the races start at 2pm until 4.40/5pm when the newly appointed Mayor of Teulada/Moraira, Mr Raul Llobell, will give out prizes for winning, losing, sinking, boat/team name, silly costumes and anything else we can think of, so everyone’s a winner! If you need cardboard, you can contact FlatPaXabia – they are holding some for us. Send an email to Rosanne by clicking HERE
To see what all the fun is about, click HERE.
For a Galleon Race, click HERE
Full instructions, with a set of rules, will be sent on request, and is available on the CBYA website. Click HERE to view.
We already have some interesting entries, so don’t miss the boat!
- Peter English is co-ordinating the Cardboard Boat Race. To contact him, and discuss your entry, click HERE.
- There will be a Safety Boat, appointed Safety Officers, and Clean-up Monitors.
- A tapas dinner/drinks get-together is planned on the Wednesday evening at the Raco Bar at El Portet beach from 6pm onwards. NB: Sunset on 6 th Oct is 7.45pm. A separate invitation will be issued for you to confirm attendance of the dinner.
- Thursday 7th – All boats out on the water, the dinghies, TOMs, yachts, motor boats, even kayaks and paddle boards in a massive floating celebration of this first-ever all CBYA Regatta. Prize for best dressed boat!
- Amanda Topson is organising the TOMs Coastal Cruise and Raft up from Calpe to El Portet. Click HERE to contact her.
- Peter Bird is organising the motor boats. Click HERE to contact him.
- Bob Gordon is organising the Dinghies. Click HERE to contact him.
COVID Health Restrictions are now being eased and should be fully relaxed when we enter our “New Normality” phase before 6th October 2021. So time to get out and have some fun! ALL CBYA members are invited to come along to watch the fun and participate!
Please register your interest in this event by replying to this email, or click HERE to respond.
The Social Team