Jan 10, 2021

Renew or Purchase Your Licensia Federativa Now!


As previously announced, the CBYA Committee strongly recommends that, as from 1st January 2021, all sailing members should purchase their own insurance which will not only cover them for any CBYA sailing activities but sailing globally*. The Valencian Community Sailing Federation’s licence is not just for racing and the TOMs, but INCLUDES cover for Dinghy Day and Hobie Cat sailors, as well as for those that join the monthly CBYA day charters, and our annual CBYA charter holiday trips.

*Civil Liability limited to European Community. Sailing outside of Spanish waters requires a Sailing Federation endorsed certificate; a paper exercise, which is easy to obtain.

The “SomVela” (App) Licencia Federativa: Deportista (racing), Carnet Deportivo (non-racing) or Anual Escuela, provides this cover. Members who race, or sail the TOMs, MUST have to have this insurance.

Click HERE for 2021 cost details.

read more →