‘Sail Training’ on the TOMs creates the opportunity for sailors to choose what they would like to do as it can involve an element of structured learning, race training and non-race training sailing, subject to crew experience. Please let us know whether you want sail, or race, training. Even though some people have already advised they want to sail on this day, they must still respond to specific sail training day invitations, as this represents a commitment to sail (& pay) and keeps all the replies and organisation cleanly in the week that the TOMs sailing takes place. Places will be allocated on a ‘first come, first served basis’, subject to balancing experience of the crew. Hopefully you will be advised 2 days prior to the sailing event e.g. by Tuesday for people sailing on a Thursday, and Thursday for people sailing on a Saturday.
The skipper(s) and crew will normally meet in the Real Club Náutico de Calpe (RCNC) bar at 1030 hours, ready to do the administration and walk over to rig the TOMS at 1100 hours.
The current cost is €15 per person PLUS a valid Licencia Federativa (notes 2-4). The time for sailing is not exact as it depends on the weather and agreement with the skipper. Usually you will be out until about 1400 hours.
Due to COVID19, there are a number of new measures that have been put into place.
Social distancing rules will apply until further notice. The application process to sail is now done by email, and the documentation will be completed and submitted in advance by the TOMs Organiser.
SOCIAL DISTANCING RULES – CLICK HERE TO SEE RCNC POSTER
NOTE: Face masks are to be worn at all times.
The CBYA takes TOMs sailing safety seriously – please click HERE for details.
- Suitable clothes for the weather conditions and time of the year.
- Non-slip shoes.
- Sailing gloves, sun glasses, hat, sun screen (preferably non-greasy).
- Personal buoyancy aid, or one from the sailing school.
- Water and food/snack (a large bottle of water in summer).
For new FOTs members:
• There are usually changing rooms and showers.
• There are lockers, though sometimes limited, which need a padlock.
• There is no need to take money, keys, valuables with you: put them in the lockers.
• Glasses, especially prescription specs, are best worn with a safety strap.
• If you need to take a mobile phone then use a waterproof pouch.
• There is a locker on the boat, but it is not waterproof. There should be dry plastic box in the bilges which will hold a few items, but better to seal items in a plastic bag.
• Life jackets are provided by RCNC and MUST be worn by all CBYA members.
• Non-slip sailing shoes are best, but please call the current TOMs Organiser if you have any concerns about what to wear or take. The surface of the TOM is “non-slip” and as such can be wearing on clothes.
• You must be a member (temporary or full) of the CBYA & have signed a CBYA ‘Disclaimer Form’ before taking part in any CBYA sailing event.
• You must purchase the Licencia Federativa (School or Deportista) for the day, or hold an annual card (notes 2-4).
To enable you to plan your sailing dates please look at http://www.cbya.org and select Members’ Area, and then Calendar, from the drop down menu.
When we are in the tourist season, parking around RCNC can be difficult. However there is a dirt car park about 5 minutes away from the club. Go up the hill from RCNC (under the bridge) as if you were leaving, and take the first left. Drive along for about 200 metres and the car park is diagonally opposite on the right at the first junction.
(1) THIS IS AN INVITATION TO FOTs MEMBER ONLY.
Friends of the TOMs membership is free to all members of the CBYA. Only members of the CBYA may sail on the organised FOTs training days. Guests and potential new members must join the CBYA as either a full member, or a one month temporary member, AND sign a disclaimer form.
(2) LICENCIA FEDERATIVA (LF)
There a various options for you to decide the best one for you. In ANY event you will need your FULL NAME, NIE/PASSPORT number, DATE of BIRTH, ADDRESS, E-mail address and mobile phone number.
Current options and rates (Jan 2020). Click HERE for more details.
TOM training / liga racing / internal regattas ONLY:
Day cover €1.80 – payable RCN Calpe office.
Annual cover €40 – application at RCN Calpe office (note3).
Clubs & Open/External regattas, including TOM training / liga / internal regattas:
Day cover €TBA – payable at the Club Nautico office where the event is held.
Annual cover €75 – application at RCN Calpe office (note3).
(3) ANNUAL LICENCIA FEDERATIVA (ALF)
For annual cover the first application should be done in the office of RCN Calpe (you will need your FULL NAME, NIE/PASSPORT number, DATE of BIRTH and ADDRESS) and in subsequent years renewal will be via the CBYA at the end of a calendar year for the next year.
Annual Licencia Federativa application form is available at RCN Calpe office. Once application has been submitted and payment made, you will receive the LF number via e-mail or SMS to your mobile phone. We recommend that you print the e-mail message on receipt and keep a careful note of your number.
(4) LICENCIA FEDERATIVA INFORMATION
Details about the Licencia Federativa can be found with the links below. However please do NOT register for a licence online, ONLY apply at the RCN Calpe office.
A reminder that you must be a paid-up member of the CBYA to take advantage of our TOMs agreement with the RCNC.