(Instructions for newcomers)
HOW TO RIG A TOM:
- Collect the main sail, jib, spinnaker, jib sheets, spinnaker sheets, spinnaker pole, winch handle & Velcro fastener from the sail loft.
- Drop the main halyard and unfasten from the boom hoist connection.
- Shackle the main tack to the boom and the main clew to the out-haul.
- Fit the Velcro strip to hold the main down to the boom at the clew end.
- Fasten the main halyard to the head
- Feed the main into the mast track and hoist carefully to just above the first batten.
- Shackle the jib tack to the bow and hank on the sail.
- Fasten and run the jib sheets
- Fasten the jib halyard to the head
- After checking the spinnaker for tears and incorrect packing, tie the spinnaker bag to the hull in the correct position.
- Run the spinnaker sheets.
- Stow the spinnaker pole in the correct position and run the spinnaker sheet through the end of the pole.
- Stow the winch handle.
- Check all shackle pins and fastenings.
- Check inside of hull for dryness and stow bags.
- Fly the CBYA pennant!
Photos to follow.